I.C.E. C.R.E.A.M

What's better on a hot, summer day than ice cream? Okay, so these are not really ice cream, but these cake pops are every bit as good! My neighbor (more about her later) was planning an ice cream party for her sweet daughter's birthday, so when I saw this post on Bakerella's site, I immediately sent her the link. Jess is a cake pop fanatic, so she was in love as soon as she saw it and we made plans to make them for E's party!


Here was the process:
Step 1: We dipped the cones into almond bark, letting it run down the sides a bit, just like ice cream would! *(note...Jess did all the prep work at home--rolling the cake balls, cutting down the cones, placing the cake balls into the cones)


Step 2: Sprinkles!! *On a side note...isn't Jess beautiful? She really is, inside and out. I couldn't ask for a better neighbor--she's friendly, energetic, generous, helpful, talented, a great mom, and did I mention full of energy? ;)


Step 3: We melted some chocolate almond bark in a plastic Ziploc and then drizzled it over the top...doesn't this just make the cone?! Then we added a red M&M for the cherry.



Step 4: Admire ;)



Yum. I will be duplicating these soon for my own consumption. Did I say yum yet? ;)

-Rianne

Jessica  – (July 28, 2010 at 10:19 PM)  

Good writing Rianne! And way to embellish the story to make me sound awesome.

Unknown  – (July 29, 2010 at 1:29 AM)  

The blog looks great, Rianne! Beginning to think I need to start one up to chronicle my adventures too… Good work! - Reece

Sweet things  – (July 29, 2010 at 5:58 PM)  

Jess...I don't need to embellish! That's what you are!
Reece...you definitely should. We'd love to see that!

edwardsdrapery  – (July 31, 2010 at 1:00 PM)  

Great post, Rianne! I can almost taste them!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP