Monkeying around



Sock monkeys have taken over! When a client contacted me to ask if I could make sock monkey cupcakes, I had to google 'sock monkeys' to remind myself what they were. Turns out, sock monkeys are super popular right now! Ever since I looked them up, I've noticed sock monkey products everywhere--at Michaels, in toy boutiques, on Etsy. And why not? What's not to love about a cute, stuffed sock monkey?!

Rachel, a wonderfully talented photographer, requested these sock monkey cupcakes for her son's first birthday. She wanted the cupcakes to match the theme and colors of the plates she ordered, so away I went!



Since this was only my second time using fondant, I was a little nervous as to how they would turn out...especially since I had a 3 hour time slot to get icing made and cupcakes baked, iced, and decorated! Thankfully, it all worked out...the fondant was a little easier to work with than I expected, and I was done in time! Phew!

Cutest monkey lips ever! One of the times big lips are in :)


A dozen and half sock monkey cupcakes finished and packed up, ready to deliver!


Have a great day!
Rianne

rachel  – (October 20, 2010 at 4:33 PM)  

They were so stinkin' cute...and a huge hit. They worked perfectly with the decor. You rock Rianne...thanks again!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP