Oh Deere!




I think this may be the most challenging, and one of my favorite, cakes I've done so far. When a dear friend asked me to decorate a cake for her brother's 40th birthday, I was all for it. He's a potato farmer who loves John Deere, so they wanted a farm/tractor theme for the cake. All the little details posed a challenge, but I went for it and loved how it turned out! And when I was asked to make 2 cakes--one for a business party, one for a family party--I didn't hesitate...after all, if you're going to make one, you might as well make 2! :)

One of the best things about this cake is that my friend baked the cakes and made the icing for me-so all I had to do was decorate. I think I could get used to that. Maybe I need to hire an assistant. ;)

The wagon full of vegetables was one of my favorite things about this cake...just looks like something out of a real farm!

These pumpkins were my favorite vegetable to make...so cute and round. The veggies were all fun to make though; I haven't done much fondant work, but I made all the veggies out of fondant--it was just like playing with PlayDoh!

These potatoes were definitely fun to make, too. I colored some fondant brown, then used a toothpick to give them some creases and holes, then rolled in cocoa to give them a dirty, earthy look.

Aerial view.

Thanks for looking!
Sweetly,
Rianne

Jessica  – (February 24, 2011 at 3:09 PM)  

The potatoes look SO REAL! Good job@

Laura Burger  – (February 24, 2011 at 3:42 PM)  

Fantastic job! It looks like it was a lot of fun. I love all the veggies, especially the potatoes.

tamsen  – (February 24, 2011 at 5:47 PM)  

Wow, Rianne- that's crazy cool! Impressive!

Keri V  – (February 24, 2011 at 7:01 PM)  

Awesome work Rianne! I'm sure Pete was stocked about the cake :)

Sweet things  – (February 24, 2011 at 7:05 PM)  

Thanks! And yes, Keri, I think Pete liked it! :)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP