Special-order cake



When a client contacted me about making a special, gluten-free cake for a dear friend's birthday, I knew it was a challenge I wanted to take. I have a special respect and for those suffering from gluten intolerance. My husband has had stomach trouble for years, and for 5 months we tried the gluten-free diet to see if that was his problem. It is an extremely hard diet to follow--both eating-wise and cooking-wise--so I have a respect for those that do.

Since I'd never come across a good gluten-free cake recipe in my months of searching, I decided to use the Betty Crocker gluten-free cake mixes. While not as fluffy and tasty as a regular cake mix, they are definitely one of the best GF cakes I have tried! After searching the Internet to ensure all the ingredients were gluten-free, I whipped up a couple batches of the Wilton icing, and away I went.

The client wanted something elegant and 'not pink' for her friend, so this is what I came up with...fresh, elegant and pretty! She also requested an individual-sized cake for her friend--such a fun, great idea to honor the birthday girl!

A bouquet of blue and white roses topped the cakes.

I loved the request for an individual cake for the birthday girl...a mini-replica of the main cake!
I decorated with white swags touched with blue flowers and clean blue lines; trios of blue dots and a white pearl border finished off the cake.

Pretty roses...

Hope your week is wonderful!
Rianne

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP