Birthday cake for a sweet 1 year-old!



This cake was so much fun to make. I had gotten an email a couple months back from someone who had been directed to my blog by a friend and loved what she had seen; she requested that I make her daughter's first birthday cake! It was so neat to go from just an idea a couple months back to bringing the cake to reality and delivering it to the birthday girl last week!

The client had a pretty good idea of what she wanted for cake, so we played off those ideas and her party theme, which included zoo animals. She opted for a 2 tiered cake with chocolate cake filled with strawberry preserves and a vanilla buttercream.

It was my first time making fondant figures, so I was a little nervous going into it. I still have a lot to learn, but I loved how these little animals turned out...they each have such character! :) The giraffe was the birthday girl's favorite animal, so that was a must. Then a pink elephant and a cheeky monkey rounded it out.




A number 1, a fondant gumball border in the theme colors, and a banner with the birthday girl's name finished off the cake.


Thanks for the business, R! I hope your party was a success and that little A felt better and got to enjoy some cake and partying!

Jon took a few pictures while I was in the process of making the cake...kind of a fun step-by-step photo collage!


Thanks for reading!
Rianne

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP