Wedding fever!



It's the week before my little (well, younger) brother's wedding, and everyone has caught wedding fever! I still can't believe he's getting married...but he couldn't have chosen a better bride-to-be than Krissy. She is one of the sweetest, most genuine people I've met, and she's fit into our family so easily. It's going to be so hard to say goodbye next week to not just a brother, but also a new sister as they head to their new life on the Marine base in Hawaii. We know God will watch over them and keep them as they start life together.

The beautiful couple! Photo courtesy of Alyssa Brown Photography.

A couple weeks ago, we had a wedding shower for the bride-to-be. I offered to make a cake, since any opportunity to make a girly, pretty cake is too good to be passed up :) I went with a 3 layered cake--white, vanilla and chocolate flavors--decorated with vanilla buttercream swirl roses and simple pearl accents. Pretty and elegant, just like Krissy! :)




The inside of the cake is one of my favorite parts! Inspired by Annie of Annie's Eats, I wanted to do neopolitan layers, so I went with chocolate for brown, vanilla for white, and then colored the white cake pink. I love how it turned out...such a fun surprise when you cut the cake. And yummy strawberry preserves as a filling finished off the cake.


This week, it's on to wedding baking! Cupcakes, cake pops and a fun cake topper are in the works...fun times!

Have a sweet week! I know mine will be! :)
Rianne

Laura Burger  – (May 2, 2011 at 5:04 PM)  

So pretty. It looks yummy too!

Dyona  – (May 3, 2011 at 10:14 AM)  

Wow! That is such a pretty cake! Thanks for sharing it!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP