Tea party time...and a prayer request.

MIA...that's been me for the last 3 months. It's passed in a blur over here! Between being pregnant with baby #3 (and feeling tired/sick), getting an offer on our house, having a family reunion, packing, moving, and everything else in between, blogging has taken a backseat. But now that we're settled into our temporary home, I have a little more energy and I'm feeling a little more like myself. So I'm excited to share some of the things I've been up to in the last 3 months (although cake making has taken a bit of a back seat, too!).

First off I wanted to share Ally's 4th birthday party which was in June. Being the girly girl that she is, we went with a vintage tea party theme. I chose pink and green for the colors, and went from there. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea ;), but I love planning the girls' parties and spoiling them for a day! :)

Tea party invite

I made up custom printables for her party...just designed them in PSE and printed them onto cardstock--super easy!

Cake pops are always a hit at parties...so much easier to eat than a big piece of cake (especially when there's lot of other candies too! :) )

Tea cup sugar cookies!

I saw an idea for ice cream sandwich labels on Pinterest, and used the idea for juice boxes. So unnecessary, but so fun :)

And the whole table!

She requested a princess cake for her birthday again, so I couldn't refuse. She wanted the princess to have a pink dress with ruffles...I love how specific she was!

Princess cake...pink with ruffles as instructed ;)

I loved setting up this little table. I started off with a cute vintage table runner that I was lucky enough to get from my sister-in-laws wedding tables...then added some fresh cut flowers from our garden and a little place setting for each girl--cutest tea cups (thanks Karen!), a necklace and a vintage headband/flower I made up.

The girls' tea party table!

Individual place setting

It was a very fun, girly party with lots of giggling, tea sipping, crafts, games, dresses and laughs...perfect way to spend her special day.


All the girls...all of them are so special to Ally in their own way. So pretty in their favorite party dress!

And now for a prayer request:
My sweet three-year-old niece, Hadley, begins chemo (the first of 28 weeks) on Thursday for treatment of cancer in her kidneys. Please pray for a miracle...that she will be healed completely and quickly. Please pray for patience for her and her family, and the strength, trust, and perseverance her family will need to make it through this long journey. You can read her story and leave encouragement for the family at: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/hadleylodder


Rianne
(PS...big thanks to my sis, Julia, for taking these beautiful pictures and helping out with the party...she's the best!)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP