'Tis the season!



How can you NOT love this time of year? It's such a cozy, festive time of year and I'm enjoying every moment of it with family and friends...setting up the Christmas tree, shopping for gifts, hot chocolate and games by the fire, making gingerbread houses, yummy treats, family and friend get-togethers. There's so much to be thankful for--especially when we remember the true meaning of Christmas!

The holiday season, for me, also means baking! A reason to make and decorate yummy treats can never be passed up by me. I decided to stick to just a few things this year, and focus on things I could package up for neighbor and family gifts.

I've been wanting to make and decorate sugar cookies for a while now, so this was a perfect excuse. I scoured some sites for inspiration and decided on snowmen, candy canes and Christmas trees! My royal icing started off quite a bit runnier than it should have been, so it made for some disappointing outlines on the cookies...but lesson learned :)

Simple, striped candycanes.

I think these trees were my favorite...clean and bright!

Happy little snowmen! I added some sugar sprinkles to the green scarf for a fun touch!

And all the festive cookies together...ready to be packaged up for delivery and consumption! :)

Wishing everyone a wonderful, happy holiday!
Rianne

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP